Canada Visa Information

 2022 Canada Student Visa Information

Go directly to the Canadian government for Canada student visa information. You can apply directly and do not require an immigration or citizenship representative or legal advisor to complete the student visa application form.

Obtaining your own visa is an excellent learning opportunity of understanding how the government works (or doesn't). Practice your English, ask for information, ask for advice, start the student visa application process correctly. Have confidence in your ability to obtain a Canadian student visa directly.

  • You can apply online for:
  • study permits or extensions
  • work permits or extensions
  • visitor visas or extensions
  • skilled worker programs through Express Entry
  • the Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • the Canadian Experience Class, and
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program

You can also restore your status as a visitor, student or worker, within 90 days of the visa expiry date, and submit applications for your family members when you apply for or extend a visitor visa, study or work permit.

Government of Canada Visa Information Links

How to Choose an immigration or citizenship representative

  • Ask people you trust to recommend someone. Get advice from several people before you choose.
  • Ask questions. Be careful of someone who will not answer your questions.

If you're hiring a paid representative:

  • Find out if they are authorized. This means they have a license to practice and give advice.
  • If you choose a paid representative who is not authorized, the government may return your application or refuse it.
  • If you give a representative money or compensate them in any other way in exchange for their services, they're considered paid and must be authorized.

Questions to Ask

Learn about Immigration and Citizenship Representatives

  • explain and give advice on your immigration or citizenship options
  • help you choose the best immigration program for you
  • fill out and submit your immigration or citizenship application
  • communicate with the Government of Canada on your behalf
  • represent you in an immigration or citizenship application or hearing
  • advertise that they can give immigration or citizenship advice

Representatives could be:

Immigration Representatives we know and Trust

For Immigration Representatives we know and Trust email:

Government of Canada Visa Information Updates

Link to Government of Canada COVID 19 for 2022) information page for visitors, temporary workers and students

Biometric collection services temporarily available at certain missions, starting July 31, 2018. Note: You must have received a biometric instruction letter before going to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) to support your application.

As of March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.

As of November 21, 2015, there is a new application process to become an IEC participant. International Experience Canada (IEC) provides young individuals the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. IEC is available in countries and territories that have a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada. If your country of citizenship does not have an agreement with Canada, you may be able to use a Recognized Organization to come to Canada under IEC.

As of November 21, 2015, CIC no longer accepts the IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National Exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment form. If your employer has given you a completed copy of this form, you must ask your employer to resubmit the offer of employment online through the Employer Portal.

Starting June 16, 2014, applicants and study permit holders must indicate the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number on the updated application forms.

Ottawa, April 27, 2006 - Foreign students studying in Canada can apply for off-campus work permits effective immediately, the Honourable Monte Solberg, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, announced today.

"CIC is working in cooperation with the provinces and territories to make Canada a destination of choice by making it easier for foreign students to work in Canada during and after their studies," said Minister Solberg. "Off-campus work agreements will make it easier for students to gain work experience in the Canadian labour market and earn extra income while studying," he said.

The Canadian Federation of Students, the Federation etudiante universitaire du Quebec, the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges, who have all been consulted on the initiative, support efforts to make it easier for foreign students to work in Canada.

"With Canadian work experience, foreign students will be able to integrate into the
Canadian labour force more quickly. This will help address skilled labour shortages in Canada," said Minister Solberg.

Determine if you are inadmissible to Canada

Go here for additional information to Determine if you are inadmissible to Canada

Foreign Representatives in Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment