Saturday 17 June 2023

Work and travel in Canada with International Experience Canada

 If you're 18 to 35 (18 to 30 in some countries), come work and travel in Canada through International Experience Canada (IEC)! 

It's a government program designed to help you gain valuable international work experience, improve your language skills in English and French and work in Canada and fund the trip of a lifetime.

Countries with agreements:

Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, 

Who can participate:

To participate your country or territory of citizenship must have a Youth Mobility Agreement with Canada or you may be able to use a recognized organization.

Some countries only allow you to participate once. Others allow you to participate twice, but in different categories. Because each country is different, it’s important that you check to see if you’re eligible to apply. Even if you’re issued an invitation to apply, you can’t participate more times than your country allows. 

After you submit your application, an officer will assess your eligibility, including your past participations. Make sure you read and understand all the requirements before you submit an application.

Even if you hold a refugee travel document issued by a country that has a youth mobility agreement with Canada, you’re not eligible to participate.

Your dependants can’t come with you to Canada under the IEC program. However, they may apply to visit, study or work in Canada. An officer will look at your application separately from theirs.

If you are coming to Canada for a short time your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, if they:

- meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada,

- satisfy an immigration officer they will only stay in Canada temporarily,

- can prove they have no criminal record, if necessary, and

- meet all the conditions for getting a temporary resident visa, if they are from a country or territory whose citizens require a visa in order to enter Canada as visitors.

read all program details here:

No comments:

Post a Comment